Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Proverbs for My Day......

Since it is the beginning of a new month, I am going to do a plan I have had on my mind for awhile. You see, as a family we usually try to do Psalms and Proverbs of the day. (eg. Ps. 1,31, 61, 91, 121 and Pr. 1, for the 1st day of the month....etc.) this way, you can get through Psalms and Proverbs in one month......Well often when I read the days Ps, and especially Prv., little thoughts and examples come to mind, and this way, I can share them with ya'll. I know this is the 3rd, but I want to have a sort of introduction, and Proverbs 1 has the best introduction:

  The proverbs of Solomon the son of David, King of Israel:
     To know wisdom and instruction, To perceive the words of understanding.
  To receive the instruction of wisdom, justice, judgement, and equity;
    To give prudence to the simple, to the young man knowledge and discretion-
  A wise man will hear and increase learning, and a man of understanding will attain wise counsel,
    To understand a proverb and an enigma, the words of the wise and their riddles.
  The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

This is the purpose of writing Proverbs, and the reason to read and study them. It is interesting that Psalms 1 has a very similar thread running through it:

  Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly,
    Nor stands in the path of sinners, nor sits in the seat of the scornful;
  But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His Law he meditates day and night.

We are to 'receive the instruction of wisdom, justice, judgement, and equity' which comes from Scripture, Parents, teachers, older siblings, etc.....and, especially with scripture, meditate on it day and night. In other words:  
   Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble,
    whatever things are just, whatever things are pure
  whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report,
    if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy-
  meditate on these things.
That we might increase 'in wisdom....and in favor with God and man'.

~Woo~

1 comment:

princesssmore247's Playlist

Just for ya'lls info....the song Speechless is actually Fingerprints of God.....I just found out myself....that ok though, i like that song.....Woo

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
Typing Test Score

Visit the Typing Test and try!